View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 01:35 AM   #10
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: A Mac Mud Question

This limit no longer exists (with regard to 3d camera angles) but not because of x86, but because of the newer modeling and rendering engines and the latest versions of Windows and hardware drivers. The beauty of Windows (and its limitations) have been its proliferation of a multitude of drivers and the ability for almost everything to be plug and play. The trouble is that it makes for a slower system.

As for Bird's Eye View. The reasons this has become increasingly more utilized is that it the models used are now far spread and easy to get. In other words, there are places you can buy everything you need for mapping, objects, etc. Generic of course but it helps to get things started. And don't start asking me where. These boxed sets of generic images are costly. Only a bonafide company would be able to afford it if making a real Graphical MUD for profit.

I could go on for pages about the way modeling and rendering and dynamic graphic arrays have changed over the years, but hell, I'd rather talk about why Text MUD's rock so much more!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote