View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #11
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Looking for RP-focused MUD with as little combat as possible

If you're willing to try sci-fi with a slight fantasy bent (we call ourselves space opera), I'd invite you to give OtherSpace a try.
While we do have 4-8 line poses (with a few players who do do more), at the same time, we have a coded skill system (using dice rolling, similar to tabletop games, if you've played any), and damage you do to someone will show up on their +sheet.
We try our darnedest not to be elitist, and while I can't vouch for every player, we don't condone that kind of thing on OtherSpace.
We are certainly not an adult game in the sense you're talking about (sex and violence happens, but more as a seasoning than as the main dish), and we do have an overall society. Almost all characters will interact with all other characters over their lifetime. Your actions can (and often do) affect the world at large, from sciency (a scientist with an anarchic streak released a quickly-spreading disease he created that just made you glow for 1-3 days, creating a pandemic of light), to compassionate (a totalitarian leader caused the slaughter of an entire planet, and players created a relief organization to provide aid to the survivors), to silly (a player salvaged a giant fan, and the game played kites for an afternoon).
Our playerbase hovers around 20-40, so there's almost always someone on to rp with.
We have no one who does two word poses.

If you're interested in a peek, look at , or telnet directly in at jointhesaga.com: 1790. I hope to see you there!
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote