View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
"Subscription Notification" problems

I never asked to "subscribe" to any threads here. And yet I keep getting e-mail saying So-And-So has just replied in my subscribed topic. The ironic thing is, as far as I'm concerned these e-mails are spam, and the latest batch of them were about the topic on spammers.

Every single time I check my e-mail and find these things, I go in to DELETE ALL SUBSCRIPTIONS. And then a week later, I check my e-mail box and find another dozen e-mails saying that there have been responses in topics I subscribe to.

Is there any way of telling the web code that Jazuela really honestly and truly doesn't want to subscribe to any threads? I just don't want to be informed that someone responded to a thread just because it -thinks- I subscribe to that thread, simply because I posted once in that thread.

Maybe changing the settings to default to "no subscriptions, ever", and making people click something intentionally if they want to subscribe to it, would be a possibility? Or, is that the way it already is, and my account is totally wonky?

In any case, please help me get this resolved. 20 e-mails from Topmudsites about one thread that I don't even pay much attention to anymore isn't making me very happy.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote