View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: LFM: skill-based game with RP

Because that's not an adventure to me.

I want to have fun adventures. I want to throw the ring into the fires of Mount Doom. I don't want the kind of stress that comes with having to deal with some idiot on a power trip who can kill a PC at will just because they disagreed on the color of the carpeting.

I want my character crawling from room to room (MUD room, that is) just to get a morsel of food to get just a little more strength to press on. I want evil demons on flying horses scouring the countryside for the MacGuffin I'm trying to destroy.

I want companions who come from different backgrounds and have different attitudes and perspectives to come together to fight the great world-ending evil through very credible hardships and difficulty, and not win just because there were a few high level PCs in the party who did the tanking and dealt the DPS.

When it's all done, I want songs sung about our noble deeds. I want that kind of role play development.

I don't want to sit in a bar while some 70-year old man makes out with his winsome young half-elf maiden. I don't want to read purple prose on the character concept forum about the woman who became a successful whore after getting roped into the business and then killing her pimp. I don't want to farm mobs to max out my XPS.

Last edited by dark acacia : 04-07-2013 at 03:58 PM.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote