Old 07-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #14
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: KaViR is a cyberbully

This is what you said on TMC:

"Any new code that is a part of NiMUD today -- that is to say versions released after the AL 2.0 was introduced -- the modifications and additions -- and ultimately, a near-complete rewrite, means that a substantial portion of the NIMUD code (more than 90%) is original work. DIKUMUD source code length: about 20,000 lines .. NiMUD source code length: greater than 80,000 lines .. lines found to directly match between MERC/DIKU and NIMUD: very few - less than 10% similarity .. giving rise to the argument that whatever appears inside NIMUD that retains resemblance to DIKUMUD is "Fair use""

You claimed around 90% of the 80,000 lines are original work, and the other 10% "directly match" DikuMUD. That means around 8,000 lines of NiMUD "directly match" Diku - and you've further stated that Diku is 20,000 lines. Based on those estimates, around 40% of the Diku code has been copied verbatim into NiMUD, with the remaining 60% having presumably been modified in some way.

You're now claiming that by "less than 10%" you actually meant 7%. 7% of 80,000 would mean that 5,600 lines of NiMUD "directly match" Diku. That means 28% of the original Diku code has been copied verbatim into NiMUD.

Actually you just said that that 7% of it "directly matched" Diku (and you claim I'm the one lying?). That means over a quarter of the stock Diku code still exists within NiMUD.

And my sense of time-travel, apparently. I plugged my project a week ago, and "British Petroleum" ceased to exist over a decade ago (it lost the name when it merged with Amoco).
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote