View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #5
shevegen

shevegen is on a distinguished road
Re: Long-pose RP-enforced MUDs

This is rare to find.

For several reasons.

Not every player likes to emote that much. Additionally, it seems a little bit as if you favour ONLY emoting, and emotes are only ONE part of roleplaying a virtual character.

Also keep in mind that there are only few really rp-enforced MUDs.

If you would settle for the kind of roleplay where players DO roleplay, just not tend to do "paragraph-long poses" all the time, then you will find plenty of more MUDs to try out.

See, I don't think it is good to come to a MUD thinking "I only want to interact with players who act the way I want them to act".

MUDs, and roleplaying, is a give or take. You can't predict how others are going to react anyway.

In my opinion, if you narrow it down to just 0.0001% of the playerbase, then you won't be able to find lots of MUDs, or players to interact with anyway.

Players are different and so are their motives for playing a MUD. Narrowing it down more and more will lead to nothing but exclusion in the end.

Unfortunately this works both ways. I have seen it too often that some players only want to spoil the fun of others, make a scene, or just are casual players who wouldn't have more time anyway. And a MUD with only casual players will perish in the long run.

I am not saying you are one of these type of players. I am saying that, for a MUD, it works both ways with ANY new player.

In the end though, I don't think there are really many RP-enforced MUDs that favour intensive emote on such a level. Not even the one I tend to play on does it.
shevegen is offline   Reply With Quote