Thread: Sex & Violence
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #36
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Re: Sex & Violence

Now see I think that the issue of childhood nudity (unless there's an adult getting enjoyment out of it) has never really been that big of an issue, but what I'm really getting at here is adult nudity and sexual perversion

You're held to different standards when you're a child than when you're an adult. At Woodstock, it was a very prominent example to the GI Generation of just how depraved their children could be.

There you had an entire generation of adults and teenagers tripping out on acid and busting out to some crazy music. Some didn't wear clothes and others didn't really see an abject reason to bathe. They opposed the war, but they also opposed society in general. They were virtual opposites of everything their parents had tried to instill in them.

I think this can teach us a lesson in all of this:
No matter WHAT you teach your kids, or how good a person you are, they could turn out to be the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what you wanted them to be. You've got to find a middle ground. My father was a Vietnam veteran, he was opposed to his drafting into what he thought of as a "white man's war" and raised me to distrust and function almost completely seperately from white culture.

However, now that I'm an adult, I realize how ridiculous this was. I have a few white friends, and I've been known to listen to rock music every once in a while. I mean, here I am on a MUD discussion board!

My point is that ultimately you really don't know how much an influence you'll have over your children. You can try to keep these things out of sight and out of mind, but it's their choice whether they do it or not. They're probably gonna hear about it somewhere, and at that point, it's all on them.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote