View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 05:42 AM   #11
androo002345

androo002345 is on a distinguished road
Re: Why is Evarayn closing?

Evarayn was the MUD that I played most before my real life got in the way of mudding. After I found the time to MUD again it was announce that they were closing.

There were a couple of reasons it was taken offline. Very small player base. When the game first started out there would be a constant 30+ users playing, with about 50-70 at peak times. In the last few months you were lucky to log in and see 5-10.

Of those 5-10 people the majority of the time would be spent idling or doing lord-knows what.

There seemed to be a lot of complaints from the players about lack of things to do in the game. I'm sure the admins didn't like this because there was really a lot of stuff to do, imo, plus they were paying for the server each month + the hours put in to improve the game.

I put in several thousand hours and I always enjoyed my time there. When everyone IRL were nowhere to be found that game was there for me. It was a shame to see it shut down but I can understand why it was done. I was actually surprised to see that it stayed open for as long as it did.

Since its close I have not played past the "tutorial" section of any mud. I'm looking for a replacement as well.

But those are a couple of reasons why it was closed.
androo002345 is offline   Reply With Quote