View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: General Survey Questions about your MUD

There are no rules, but multiplaying is restricted by code.

There are no rules, but botting is discouraged by code.

There are no rules, and I strive to make the game mechanics as transparent as possible, although I do also encourage players to try and solve certain quests themselves if they can (but they don't have to).

The combat system is quite complex and there are some challenging foes to overcome, but overall I wouldn't consider the mud particularly hard (and death has very little impact). However it is significantly different to most other muds, so veteran players might consider it "hard" on the basis that their experience from other muds has little value.

Not hard, but it takes time. However player skill is very important, and the long-term players tend to be much more skilled than newbies, so even with two equally powerful characters the more skilfull player will win most of the time.

PK isn't optional.

No, players typically heal very quickly. You can also transport yourself to your home plane (which takes approximately 30 seconds) and fully restore yourself. If killed, you're sent back to your home plane and can once again restore yourself. There's no sitting around resting or sleeping between battles, although you might wait a few seconds to regrow a lost limb before continuing.

Raw character power is based primarily on your stats (these determine the limit on your powers, talents and skills, as well as how much magical gear you can use). Some builds use a lot of equipment, some use a small amount, some use none at all. However a skilled player can defeat a significantly more powerful foe.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote