View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #316
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Threshold is openly labelled as pay-for-perks. It has been since TMS made that option available to us. This is how we choose to explain our registration system on this particular site.

Graeblyn's point is that this option is already available on this site. It clearly does not appease people who believe that one game or another has mislabeled itself. In fact, people are so unappeased that they've thrown a mud that is CLEARLY labelled as PAY FOR PERKS in with a game who has pay for perks options and labels itself as free. Thus, what exactly is the point?

I'm assuming a color code thing would be by choice like the pay-for-perks/pay-to-play/free mud tag that's already available. What is to make someone who already isn't using the available tags from just not turning on the color tag? You're asking Synozeer to code something new that will ultimately have the same result as what's already occurring here anyway.

Assuming there is some benefit to labeling yourself as "free" as opposed to anything else (which I'm not even sure there is), then how do we police people who have any type of money involved? Who gets to determine how the game should be listed? Does accepting donations of any sort mean that you're no longer free? Does selling t-shirts mean that you're no longer free? This just seems like extremely murky ground where no one will is going to be happy with the system.

Not only is Threshold listed as pay-for-perks, you cannot finish our character creation without a full and detailed explanation of our registration system. I'm assuming that you cannot create on IRE without having their credits system explained. (I don't know this for sure since I've never played an IRE game.) Either way, it's made pretty clear to all players that there's money involved in the games mentioned above. The fact that Threshold is labeled clearly as a pay-for-perks system and yet is getting thrown into this conversation as a mis-labeled mud indicates that no system is going to make certain people happy.

Dalaena
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote