View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 06:37 PM   #6
Caius

Home MUD: Star Wars: Chronicles
Caius is on a distinguished road
It's a sad fact that some people sets up MUDs they aren't willing to spend time developing. Like you I'm a person who prefer 'clean' muds in this respect. I can't understand these people either.

As for why some of these muds actually manage to draw a player base, well I've thought long and hard about that myself. On the one hand it's obvious from polls on various mud sites that most people (or at least most of those who vote) prefer a levelless/classless mud that provide a good roleplaying environment. The puzzling part is that the muds that actually qualifiy for this rarely manage to gain a large player base.

So we have a large gap between what people want and what they do. Perhaps they are waiting for the ultimate mud to appear, and settle for something mediocre in the meantime? Perhaps they just SAY they want the above because it's politically correct, while they really just want to pkill newbies? Or perhaps the majority of players never voice their opinions publically, so that we really don't know what most people are looking for?

As you can see I don't have any answers either, but if you find some, be sure to let me know!
Caius is offline   Reply With Quote