View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #39
tommi

tommi is on a distinguished road
Re: New mud client in the works: ScapeFx

So you do not know what features MUSHclient provides, yet, your claim is the ScrapeFX has superior functionality and offers better customization abilities. From my own observations it would seem that the only thing that your client offers that MUSHclient does not, its 1 click install and play which i do not think represents US350 a year worth of functionality.

In fact it sounds like all your offering is a very basic telnet application which just so happens to be customizable. This does not make a custom client, only potentially one, and then only if the end user has the skills and abilities to code in beanscript and or java. There is no library of pre-built plugins that require minimal modification to get working, everyone will have to reinvent the wheel and make their own chat, health bars and other typical plugins, there is no MXP, MCCP, MSP or peublo, all of which are mud standard protocols.

MUSHclient comes out of the box with a number standard plugins for health bars and the like, you can script in a language of your choice, including but not limited to Lua, VB, Perl and Python. So im yet to be convinced that Scrape offers US$350 value per year of investment.

Oh and you can be assured that i have no interest in this thread other than to bring the facts to the surface for all to see, i am not a representative from a competing company, i am not developing a competing product, no matter what you might like to imply from my previous posts. So rather than worry about what i have said in the past, maybe you should stay focused and concentrate on the issues i am raising now.

In business there are some standards you should always follow before you announce anything,

1. know your products strengths and weaknesses,
2. know your competitors products strengths and weaknesses,
3. know what the market wants and needs,
4. know who your customers are and the best way to reach them.

Some food for though, NO.

In reality you have potentially 25 - 30 customers at a stretch 50, of those 1/2 will not require something like this and 1/2 the remainder will not have the funds to pay for it, so that leaves about 10 games to which you could market this directly do. With everything you need to have a plan, without one your going to come across looking really amateurish.

Last edited by tommi : 09-14-2009 at 08:56 PM.
tommi is offline   Reply With Quote