View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 02:41 AM   #33
iovan

Name: Elijah
Home MUD: DBAT
iovan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to iovan
Re: The "Health," of Muds

I know this is old but I was wondering what the general consensus on this is now.

Also I think a major way to solve the issue about total players is to actively try to recruit from outside the general MUD world new players. That's what I attempt to do with most of my recruitment activities. The players will continue to shrink from the community as long as the community focuses mostly on itself and ignores those who have barely heard of MUDs.

Loss of players FROM the community mainly is due to; People moving on in their lives and getting into non-MUD games. Some MUDs can maintain players for a long time because of the type of player they have but a majority of players only stick around in the community for a few years. This starts to feed upon itself as people leave their MUD friends lose interest as well (to a degree) and are likely to follow suit some time after.

The community will never disappear completely but the overall enjoyment of the community suffers when the players are so few they end up rationed amongst the available MUDs.
iovan is offline   Reply With Quote