Thread: Medievia
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #19
Avernus

Avernus is on a distinguished road
But it all pours down to the fact that Medievia is a diku-derivative. You can slap whatever code you want on it, but as long as it IS based on the DIKU, that's the way it will stay. And thus, credits are due to the diku-team and the license must be followed. I am especially thankful that KaVir and the others brought up this subject. Being an long-term mudder (12 years of playing varios muds), I do find the behaviour of Medievia abominable and a very bad example for the others.

Jealous? Nothing would make me more happy than to actually see more mudders throughout the community. But when one of the larger muds is run by deception and credit is not given to those who deserve it .. no, I'm not jealous. More like frustrated,angry and extremely disappointed.

And as a sidenote: I played Medievia for a while and it wasn't a game for me - I didn't like the character interaction nor the game itself. Those are the reasons why I didn't like it back then, and this was before I heard of this incident.
Avernus is offline   Reply With Quote