View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 12:07 PM   #5
Cyrrhus

Cyrrhus is on a distinguished road
Honestly, my intentions for this post where not to have to go in to detail about my particular game. I was curious as to how you guys would do it, on any platform you run your game on. Because I had a feeling this would happen, but forget about my game for now. Just tell me how you would do it on your platform. So just tell me what sport you would implement, either from real-life or from another work of fiction. Explain how you would want it to work, too.

About the room system, I probably do need to clarify that. I want to create a room system which is based on yeah..rooms. Each room contains a grid, which is sort of the map of the room. However if I have one room that is shaped like this:
_|

I want the rooms around it to make sense geographically. Because in a real building, there are no big void spaces between rooms. One of the reasons it will need to be that way is because of the flight system (which I'm going to extend to allow players to fly ships on the planet) will display the actual tiles of the room it is flying over depending on the altitude of the ship.
Cyrrhus is offline   Reply With Quote