View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 AM   #18
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Re: "Feels like a book" (for e-readers or against?)

I'm in love with books myself, the smell, feel and looks of them. I like owning books, and can never get myself to throw away one, not even one that I disliked, so by now the shelves in my house are pretty much overflowing.
My mother is even worse than me, she's started a started a second-hand bookshop, purely as a hobby, (her real occupation is dentist). Needless to say she doesn't make much profit from it, especially since she loves buying books, but has a hard time parting with them.

E-readers are just about to be introduced in my country, so far only with English text, but that doesn't really matter, since that's what I mostly read anyhow.
Sooner or later I'll most likely buy one, if nothing else it seems ideal for travels, and possibly also for reading in bed, which is another thing that I love.

What I'd like to know before deciding is how hard they are on the eyes. Reading from a computer screen can be a bit tiresome in the long run, but maybe the e-readers are better? Is the text size adjustable? Can you choose the shade of colour on the background?
I'd love some input on those questions from those that have already tried them.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote