View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 03:03 PM   #3
Lisaera

Lisaera is on a distinguished road
I must admit that as a player I never paid a great deal of attention to what time of day it was or what season it was, and though I did RP regarding the weather sometimes, it was occasional. While I think these features are cool, I've always been more concerned with interacting with other players rather than the environment I'm in. Of course, I have known people to base their entire character upon the external world effects, and admired their success, so I think it's personal preference.

In our game we have tried to force a certain amount of awareness of these things using coded systems, such as plant growth needed for curatives changing in the times of year, certain abilities needing it to be day or night to be used, and phases of the moon affecting major quests. However, these things are mainly only felt by the "nature" communities, the forest commune organisations and their guilds, not so much by the cities. Though I suppose this could be argued as realistic, those in cities don't worry so much about seasons and such as those in rural areas.
Lisaera is offline   Reply With Quote