View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 04:40 PM   #11
Rytorth

Rytorth is on a distinguished road
Well it's probably not going to do a lot of good for you to give him the old character back. Even if it wouldn't get you accused of favoritisim or something, he's obviously not liked by the other players for the way he behaved. And if they're willing to hold a grudge that long, I'd say it's safe to assume they might go out of their way to make that guy's life as miserable as they can.

And since I'm guessing they only know who this guy is by his character's name, letting him get that char back will only bring a lot of grief later on, as far as I can see--even if it is only for him. But some of it will probably spill over to you when one of the people who hate his guts so much say, "Well, you let him back in the game and you gave him his char back, so you must like him more then us."  Heck, it might not even be one of these grudge-holders. It might be a player who doesn't have any clue who this guy is and came after he was banned.

Either way, you're going to get accused of favoritisim if you let him have the char. I'd say this is a d@mned if you do and d@mned if you don't situation. Except..if you do, you're going to be more d@mned then if you don't.

But in the end, you're the one who makes the final decision. Not us, not the player. We can offer you advice...but you don't have to take it and we can't force you to. IMO, I think you should trust your instincts on this. Does this guy deserve to have his char back? Or did what he did merit starting all over again?
Rytorth is offline   Reply With Quote