View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 09:28 PM   #10
Iluvatar

Iluvatar is on a distinguished road
At the moment, our world is !PK and !loot and it really hurts IMHO for player interaction especially since "good vs evil" is such a large part of a hack-n-slash.

I/we have been toying with ways to open up with a limited PK and the one single thing we can agree on is it should be self-policing and not need Immortal involvement. We allow a two multie log-in which makes it tougher.

My premise is buy a 'can_PK' flag for 5k coins, sell for 50k, set up some 'can_PK' only zones where you need the flag to enter and limit the ability to fight within 10 levels up or down. No mortal with half a brain would enter there with full eq on and I wouldn't care who looted what because they CHOSE it for for themselves. I think this really reflects both full realism and fear of losing hundreds of hours of eq hunting and collecting for mortals.

I do like the delay tactics mentioned by Sapphir though but I wonder how they apply Pv(linkdead)P. I'm looking for a neat way to enable PC thieves to steal from other PCs too but I've not yet heard of any limiting factors that can be enabled. By that I mean there is nothing I know of to stop a thief from stealing 50 items from one targeted player of his/her choice and what could the penalty be if caught in a !PK world?
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote