Thread: MUDs and Macs
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 02:47 AM   #7
Kaleisha

Kaleisha is on a distinguished road
I've used cantrip, savitar and rapscallion all without much problem on my mac. But I'm only running 10.3 not 10.4.

Savitar I know is updated fairly frequently and if there were issues with it running on 10.4 they'd have been noted in the ongoing updates and bugs reports on the help site. I can't say I know a great deal about the other two clients  running on 10.4 as I found they weren't to my liking so I never bothered to persue it further

I've found savitar suits my mudding needs, I just have to actually read the manual and write my own triggers and macros rather than being able to rely on the stock zmud ones that are usually shared (or traded for cash) around some muds. Some things require creative solutions and I've learnt to not bother asking questions about triggers of the general mudding public, rather I go to a mac orientated help forum. Doesn't bother me too much though, I got a mac because I enjoy the hands on approach and the ease of scripting  

I found cantrip was still a little. erm raw.. and from what I understood it was no longer being developed. So it was what it was, though I could be wrong and that may have changed. Rapscallion just seemed too, commercial for me, it felt like a windows product repackaged for mac.. and no I'm not a mac elietist , I just don't like the feel of windows . Savitar has it's share  of problems but I'm just a sucker for the on screen macro clicker which makes building areas so much easier for me

I've tried many other mac clients, but none were really memorable enough for me to recall the names pure-mac.com has several mud clients listed.
Kaleisha is offline   Reply With Quote