View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 02:46 PM   #38
Aeledius

Aeledius is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Aeledius Send a message via AIM to Aeledius Send a message via MSN to Aeledius
Alright, this has gone on long enough.

My original post was to air to topics:

1) To inform people of what had changed in the community so everyone is not standing around wondering what on earth happened to make Achaea #1 on the list.

2) To figure out if there was a ruling on the subject and whether there should be.

3) And finally, but least important, was to express my personal and individual take on the subject.

I was happy to get some response and not have the issue ignored, but I would have been equally happy if everyone agreed that it was unethical, or that it was fine, or if everyone disagreed.

But now people are turning it into personal redicule and jabs which is very unbecoming of us, we who are supposed to be an example of the mudding community.  I would like to think we can debate these topics in a civilized manner rather than spamming the members with arguements of "Read my post before you post" and "You read mine first!"  It is getting us nowhere.

Furthur more, most are arguing the same thing:  Is it cheating? Well, that depends on your definition.  Is it breaking the rules of this site: No, is it breaking rules or morality: perhaps, that is an individual opinion.  To say it is cheating does not give us a reference to judge from.  To say its cheating according to TopMudSites.com is basically to say does Synozeer consider it cheating, Travish says no, which means Travish doesn't consider it cheating, nothing more, nothing less.  Travish, you have no right to say that Scorpcrys opinion is wrong, neither does he have the right to say that yours is.

Now, we should stop attacking each other, and attack the issue at hand as productive members of the mudding community, not like whining children.  If this continues we'll have a 50 page flame of "You started it!" and "Did not, you did!"

I'm sorry if this sounds offensive to some parties, it was not intended to be.

James Meyer
aka Aldyn, Creator and Founder of Aeledius