View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #11
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a MUD (tired of playing MMOs)

Hello there. I would like you to seriously consider New Worlds Ateraan. It is epic fantasy and has nearly all of your requests (not all), mainly we are Role Play Enforced. I know this is new to you, however, most who are new and have tried our style have fallen in love with it and often wonder why they ever played WoW or similar games that lack the depth and smooth story.

Here are responses to your requests:
NWA is Epic Fantasy.
We have a large staff that works with players and events and all guilds have leaders that run events. Our storyline includes antagonist INPC's (interactive non playing characters) who invade with AI and add to the storyline.

PvP allowed and optional to the extent that you would never be pk'd if you do not put yourself into a situation that would cause enough animosity to want to pk you. All pk requires serious roleplay to be allowed.

100+
I know you are avoiding this, but I will say, NWA has a simple system for help files and interacting in order to find out how to do things, keeping the environment intact. Staff, guides, and question channels will assist for this. For roleplay learners, it is one of the better systems. If this truly is a no go for you then I will suggest another game at the end of this.
No pay, no donations, no shops with gift coffee mugs. NO PAYMENT allowed whatsoever. NWA is one of the only MUDS that won't allow you to pay or donate money in any form no matter how much you want to.
NWA is dynamic in much of the games story and even in some areas.

Unique guilds and powers and incredible shipping system.

Two guilds dedicated to this.

This game is based on a book which you can read on the website. All of the game has story, lore, progression based on this for a rich history and environment.

We have forums to update what goes on in the game on the website and updates online. I will say that our website is not the "news release" style. I find that more for stockmarkets than roleplay games.

The only thing you will find that is MMO'ish in NWA is the playerbase is over 100. But that is still tiny compared to MMO's.

None of that in this game. It is pure story and text in its textual art. We figured if you want graphics, you'll be playing a fully loaded Graphics Game, not a dumbed down half and half.

Okay, so, if the RPE turns you off I will suggest the game that I would play if NWA wasn't an option and that is . Very neat game with a fun concept.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote