Thread: SF Game Concept
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2002, 04:47 AM   #7
Alexander Tau

Alexander Tau is on a distinguished road
I think if you are going to plan a real RP game you have to accept the need for a moderate playerbase to really have things work. Since this would not be my first game, and I do have a pretty good array of means to get the word out I do not see it as a problem.

Actually the beginning stages of the game would be unique in a couple of ways. First there would be a period where advertisting was being done, applications taken, but no real access allowed to the game itself. Very likely some small places would be created to let people experience some of the technology but even getting to the Station would be impossible.

After that would come a period of time where all activity is focused on the Station, building groups and other things to make Colonization even possible. Then the Queen would make her first appearance.

In a way I am planning this like I would a movie, generating pre-release buzz to get enough people to make it worth doing would have to be part of that.

It will take at least a small group of 5-10 to even attempt to start a colony site, solo player would probably be able to work with these groups but it would be a very dangerous life. Go much beyond the protected boundaries of a colony site and things would get very dangerous. The sheer amount of creatures and environmental dangers is intended to keep a large playerbase busy for years and it will just grind up a solo player most of the time.

A.T
(-)
Alexander Tau is offline   Reply With Quote