View Single Post
Old 05-31-2002, 04:36 AM   #23
Ntanel

Ntanel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Ntanel
I am not replying as much as putting in my wishlist. This is because I am both an administrator and a former head builder. I tried to make it as simple as possible. Debate it, tell me why I am right or wrong, ciao!

1. It is the builder's choice on how to use the area, be it incomplete or complete, on the MUD in which the area is created. This is provided there is no underlying agreement with the MUD owner in advance or otherwise.

2. Builders can make an agreement with a MUD owner to make the area exclusive to the MUD.

3. Builders can make an agreement with a codebase developer to release the area as part of a codebase release.

4. Builders can give permission to others to use an area, provided it is not in breech of an exclusive use agreement.

5. Builders should always be given a copy of thier area at anytime they request a copy. Be it before, during or after construction. This is limited if there is later modifications to the area via other parties.

6. Builders have the right to grant the MUD or single staff members to modify an area. However, if an area is later modified once the builder has "quit or retired" from the MUD, the builder must aquire permission from the contributing builder's and the MUD owner before getting a copy.

7. A single room or help file in each area should contain information about the author and how to reach them. This will also help weed out copies that are immorally distributed.

8. At no time can the builder room or help file information be altered or removed, however contributors can add to the information. It is suggested the name of the originating MUD also be listed incase the builder can not be found.

9. Builders must allow the owner of the MUD in which an area was built to retain copy for MUD use only.

10. MUD owners have the right to a copy of each area made on the MUD. They get to only use the area on the MUD in which the area was created. No releasing the area by itself or seperately without the builder's permission. If a MUD's name is changed, but still owned by the owner at the time of the area's creation, then the area can remain on the MUD.

11. If an area is released with the builder's approval, the builder gives up most of thier rights to the area and how it is used. However, the builder reserves the right to challenge a MUD to ensure the credits were kept in tact.

I may add more later, but I think this is the big jist of it. Punishment it just a matter of how the area's creator wishes to go upon it. Something simular and that is multi-purpose should be used for code snippets as well.
Ntanel is offline   Reply With Quote