View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
dentin

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
dentin is on a distinguished road
Re: Return to Mudding

Hello Paul!

You may want to try Alter Aeon. We've recently been ranging between 40 and 80 players, are level based, have clans, and have a very dedicated and experienced staff. The game style is medieval fantasy and there's a handful of different PvP options. RP is allowed, but we're definitely not an RP mud. We've been open continuously for 17 years.

For new player help, I'd start out using the 'newbie' channel. It's heavily moderated and is invite-only for high levels, so the answers are usually pretty good. The game introduction starts you almost immediately on some simple quests, and you should pick up nearly all the information you need to play the game along the way. I'd recommend you follow the main quest line up to at least level 10, as you'll be able to collect a decent set of equipment and learn a lot of the commands and mechanics along the way.

If you do try us out, definitely check out our custom client - it's got a built in mapper and a few other nifty features that make the game a lot easier to get around in and explore. We've got both Windows and Mac versions, and it's so awesome that nearly all of our sighted players have switched to using it. (Note that aliases are set server side, not in the client. See 'help alias' for details after logging in.)

You can also send me tells or mudmail me in game. If I don't respond quickly, it's best to use the mudmail command to send me a message - gods don't time out, and I'm often called away for work.

See you there!

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD

dentin is offline   Reply With Quote