View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 02:19 PM   #58
solefly

solefly is on a distinguished road
"Clearly?" - I hope that you're being sarcastic..  It should be quite clear to everyone on these boards that there is absolutly nothing thats 'clear' about the DIKU license.  Not to bash the authors, but if this even qualfies as a license (a fact of which I have not yet even been convinced) then it is by far the worst worded "license" that I have ever seen.  If it was meant to do anything in regards to keep people from accepting donations I guess that I must be an implied infrence as it certainly does not state anywhere within the 64 words that pertain to money that this is not acceptable..

*shrug, who? how? and what makes their opinion on the matter more valid than mine?

*Just a note: Aardwolf has been accepting donations since 2001.  May there also be an implied clause of the license which allows for donations so long as the mud does not have a banner ad? If not I'd have to say the response of the "people that actively tries to enforce it" is slow.. And their timing regarding a response to the alleged violation is questionable..

Have we done this? Do you have a conclusive legal ruling? If not we could do this all day..