View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
Parnassus

Parnassus is on a distinguished road
Re: New Dad and Son to MUDS

What I would suggest, although this is probably a bit strange, is to download a few stock muds such as smaugfuss or tba. Go through it and take out anything you don't approve of. If he has his own computer, you can set it up for the two of you to wander and explore. You can even probably set it up for a few of his friends to come join you.

This seems to me that he wants to be a builder as well as play. I really enjoy building and stretching my imagination. The only problem is that I can't really surprise myself with little tricks and so on. However, most stock muds come with stock areas to take care of that. There are even a few places to find extra areas.

I haven't seen any mention of Smaug Building Institute for a long time so I think it might be gone now. There are still lots of places to find help for building for Smaug and running a Smaug mud.

I find TBA stock mud a bit strange to play but some of the areas that come with it are amazing for stock areas (and some others are, well, not so amazing, so it's a bit of an adventure just deciding what to keep).

With your own base, he might decide to look into coding too, which can be really interesting. Whatever the two of you decide, I hope you both enjoy the mudding world.
Parnassus is offline   Reply With Quote