View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 01:32 PM   #60
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Hey Mierza, what makes you think class-based=hack n slash? and classless=roleplay? That's a huge statement to make, just because a mud uses classes doesn't mean it can't be a great roleplaying mud, and your whole "point" system for classes seems real silly if you are going to making a roleplaying mud, bringing any kind of number into the minds of the player will just annoy them if they truly just want to roleplay, they will only care about the emote command. What you want is a skill tree where they don't choose when they learn it but CAN learn new things. All this classless stuff makes me sick to my stomach, I've played classless muds and they had no roleplaying whatsoever, at least my definition of it, I like to see beautiful areas and a great code to go with it, no colors, definitely permadeath, have to have descriptions for your characters, I've seen roleplay enforced muds with Bob has arrived. Bob flies east. I wanted to vomit, the word roleplay has declined so much in today's mud world it's kind of pointless trying to argue for anything when it comes to it because everyone has their own little belief of what it might be, like playing Final Fantasy X on your playstation is roleplaying. I think I've gotten off a little rant now though, and the whole classless thing just gives me the shivers.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote