View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 06:38 PM   #5
Eagleon

Eagleon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Eagleon Send a message via Yahoo to Eagleon
Like I said, I'm not looking for a mud to permanently play. I wasn't sure where to post this, but I wanted people to be able to really promote theirs as well as discuss, as I am currently visiting quite a few in search of inspiration for my novel, and eventually, a game based on that setting.

Armageddon definately has an interesting setting. I've been tempted to apply there, but I don't play often enough to feel I could really get into it.

I like the idea of making magic depletable/dependent on how much people use it, like shadowfyr's input suggested. If anyone remembers Ravagers from the Dark Sun campaigns, damage and other effects on the world when you use magic is also something I've thought about.

Another thing that has caught my interest, is making new students of magic capable of grasping more than they can handle, up to and including risk of death. After all, there's nothing stopping you IRL from driving without knowing how to drive. I can think of some interesting situations that could occur should a spell go overboard; create rose might start a nearly impenetrable rosebush barrier, with you at the center. Or you might just explode from a massive electrical discharge if you don't know how to handle the energies of the storm you're calling.
Eagleon is offline   Reply With Quote