View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 05:21 AM   #8
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Well 'physical' and 'magical' are still doing the same thing at the basic level - they inflict damage. So to keep the class abilities completely separate you'd want one class to have all of the damage inflicting abilities - physical, energy, mental, directed, area-affect, eq-damaging, etc. You'd have to have someone of this class in your group, otherwise you wouldn't actually be able to hurt anything.

Similarly, you could have a 'healer' class with all the healing/repair skills/spells, a 'buffer' class with all the buffs (bless, sanctuary, enchant weapon, etc), a 'curser' class with all the curses (blindness, weakness, etc) a 'conjurer' class with the ability to create things (pets, mounts, portals, equipment, etc), a 'summoner' with the ability to move things (teleporting, summoning players and mobs, stealing, transporting objects, etc) and a 'seer' class with the ability to gather information (the weaknesses of a mob, the location of various things, statistical data, etc). Off the top of my head, I can't think of any ability that wouldn't be covered by one of those categories.

It'd be an interesting experiment, as you'd be pretty much forced to form a group in order to play (only the 'damage' class could play solo, and they'd quickly die without healing or buffs). On the other hand, perhaps all classes should be able to perform basic attacks (otherwise, by the same logic, you'd need a conjurer in the group in order to actually move anywhere). Either way, it would create a strong symbiotic relationship between group members. The idea rather reminds me of and .
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote