View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 06:37 AM   #5
Sandra

Home MUD: LegendMUD
Sandra is on a distinguished road
Re: Help me find a mud that suits me

- A decent playerbase. It doesn't have to be like Aardwolf, but if the playerbase is so low that it causes problems in the game, it's not for me.

LegendMUD has an average online of around 30 players. We fluctuate during the night-time hours.

- A good playerkiller system. Free-for-all is fine with me as long as it's backed up by cool code.

Not only is our PK system optional, but we have 3 different options for you to choose from. And we've just revamped our main PKE system this week!

- Something to do for new players. I once found a mud that seemed perfect apart from the fact that everybody was max level with the best possible equipment, leaving the (very rare) new players to basically solo themselves all the way up to a point where they weren't ignored by the rest of the playerbase.

Legend works to keep all of our players interested in our game. We have a great bunch of New Player Helpers that are always willing to help with information, And we're always striving to make the new player experience better.

- As little as possible of: staff favoritism, elitist attitude, immature playerbase, griefers.

Griefers are generally shot down by the playerbase, so we don't see them too much. Our staff members are held to their own code of conduct which disallows such things as favoratism and poor attitudes to the playerbase.

- Must be completely free to play, with no in-game benefits for "donations".

Legend is and always will be free to play.

- NOT roleplay enforced. I play on an RPI when I want that, I'm just looking for a hack'n'slash mud on the side.

We don't enforce RP, we encourage it. Not overly so. Not everyone enjoys RP, and we recognize that. Legend works to cater to all types of players.

Preferences (not required):
- A reasonable selection of class and race choices. By reasonable I mean more than one or two, but less than thirty. Few things deter me more than a screen full of race options where they only differ by name and two stat points.

Legend doesn't have classes. Your professions are based upon where your hometown is. Some hometowns allow for magic, some allow for gunfighting, etc. We have 6 hometowns to choose from.

- Moderate progression difficulty. I don't want to reach max level in 3 days, but I don't want to spend 2 years doing it either. Same goes for equipment.

Legend's leveling system allows for a moderate amount of time to reach L50. Not only that, but once at L50, we've got a whole new set of "levels" called era levels for players to work towards. These era levels allow for new, higher level skills.

- Medieval fantasy setting prefered, although I'm open to trying other themes if the game is good.

LegendMUD's theme is the myths of history. We have 3 eras -- ancient, medieval and industrial. Want to meet Robin Hood, Dance with the sidhe of the ancient irish underhill, or get into a gun fight in the old west? There's that and more!

Last edited by Sandra : 10-05-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote