View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: How to Prevent IC info being shared OOC'ly

Besides monitoring and enforcement of what people do in their personal lives, off of a mud, being nearly impossible, where exactly does this end?

If I don't approve of smoking, can I make all players who play my game sign an online pledge saying they don't smoke, then if I find out someone does, can I ban them?

If I'm a die-hard democrat, can I require every player of my mud to vote Obama and ban the ones who don't?

Or maybe I can make a Whites only mud and require every player to send me a real-life picture proving they're not a minority before I let them play. Or require every player to convert to Islam.

It's offensive that anybody would even attempt to tell their playerbase what they can and can't do outside of the mud they run. You're seriously okay with people telling you, "If you want to play our mud, you have to agree to certain restrictions on your behavior, even off of the mud. These restrictions on your behavior affect who you can communicate with and what you can say to them. Take that, first amendment."
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote