View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 06:32 PM   #7
Gorgulu

Gorgulu is on a distinguished road
Two rather intense bits of roleplaying come to mind.

The first was on the now-dead Age of Reptiles MUD, on my character 'Razer'. I was the leader of the Duskfall Pack, which could sort of be considered the 'bad guys' of the game. One of the most disputed pieces of territory in the game was the oasis in the Savannah, which had lots of food and water. The Duskfall and Red Claw packs often got into scuffles over ownership of it.

Razer led several large attacks against the Red Claw to reclaim the oasis, and was generally very successful. However, after a couple of bad beatings, Razer's hatred and disgust for the Red Claw had reached a boiling point.

Note that death in Age of Reptiles was permanent; upon defeating an opponent they would become 'stunned' at 0 hp for a period of time, and if you wished to kill them for good you would at this point perform a deathblow.

Razer attacked several Red Claw at the oasis, but after a tough battle he was eventually beaten. Upon regaining consiousness he simply attacked again, and again, and again, each time coming back at near death. Lots of roaring, stomping, ect. They were quite reluctant to kill me off, apparently, but after awhile of this they slew him in a rather dramatic fashion. Was quite a night.

The second, one of my personal favorites, occured in Lusternia on my now-dead/banned character Guido. Guido had a very long and odd history in Lusternia that I won't explain here. Basically, at the time he was a citizen of the tainted city of Magnagora, and at the same time leading a top-secret group of Serenwilders and Magnagorans who were intent on reviving the Glomdoring commune (Which has since come into existence). One of Magnagora's more prominant citizens, Bricriu, knew of this and was strictly opposed to members of her guild and city giving away any secrets to assist the group.

So Guido kicked Bricriu out of the group (Another of the group's leaders had let her in, apparently for political reasons), which led her to recruiting the assistence of the leader of the Demon Lords, Luciphage, to stop the group from progressing.

When Guido learned this he set off to the Demon Lord Ashtorath, who hates Luciphage and wishes to lead the Demon Lords himself. Guido begged Ashtorath to delay Luciphage in any way he could, making many promises to him, but Bricriu soon found out. Guido was immediatly outcast from Magnagora and his guild. He was then brought to the Megalith of Doom, the nexus of Magnagora, for a public execution, with most of the citizens on hand to witness it.

With his once-fellow citizens cursing him from all sides he was charged with treason, crucified for awhile, and then sacrificed to the Demon Lords. Afterwords the Glomdoring group broke apart, with most of the members leaving and Guido disbanding the clan. He commited suicide shortly after.
Gorgulu is offline   Reply With Quote