View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 09:43 AM   #2
imported_Synozeer

imported_Synozeer is on a distinguished road
I allowed Medievia back on the list because they asked to be back on - that's it. I made my stand years ago, and none of the other big mud sites (ie. MudConnector), followed suite. I decided that while there would be many unhappy people, the additional traffic Medievia would send would help all muds participating on the list. The money this site makes is inconsequential to me, so greed is not a motivation. I haven't raised advertising prices on this site in several years. If I was out for the money, you'd be seeing constant increases.

I don't want to be judge and jury. If I were, then I might have to decide on removing muds that are violating intellectual property laws too. In the past, I've had this come up, but ignored them. But I wonder, where do I draw the line? Should I begin doing that too? I don't want to be a hypocrite, and I don't want to be put into that situation.

As far as the state of the forums, yes, I have certainly been lacking in my duties, and for that I apologize. I've always liked to play a passive moderation roles and step in only when things really get out of hand. BTW, I've done more than just those 2 "big" moderation acts - most are behind the scenes where I handle it discreetly.

Unfortunately, I'm also pretty busy. I run 10+ websites (including another forum), work a full time job and just had a baby, so it's been rough. I do have moderators assigned to the forums, but many of them don't frequent here often enough.

How's this - I'm willing to take on active moderators again for the various forums of which the moderators are not active and seen. If you're interested in moderating, you can email me via the forum your qualifications, what forums you'd want to moderate (more is better so I can choose incase someone else picked one you wanted). I'm looking for people who will not let emotion or grudges decide how they moderate, will take an active role in keeping discussion going in their particular forum, and of course, keeping people in line. This won't be a thankless job - I'll come up with some sort of perks for those who do this. How's that sound?

Adam
imported_Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote