Old 04-11-2006, 04:54 AM   #87
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
I'm not discriminating against IRE players, as I have been, myself an IRE player. I am however making the point that the reason why scripting is so easily accepted as a possitive force in IRE is because that the system and administration itself fosters a pro combat-scripting environment.

KaVir - you should check out the link below;

It is a matrix based dueling system set up to work in a similar way to what you are describing in very basic theory. It has, however, been running for over 15 years now, and supports a very large playerbase. It won't be the thing for most PvPers, but its system can certainly be taken into consideration when developing one's own system, and it could also potentially make a solid system for a friendly-dueling mini-game.

Our own system, with Utopia, gives each attack command a "focus" on the opponent's body. By using an attack command that has an opposing focus, players can set-up combos and high-combos. That is a very very reader's digest version of the Utopia focus/counter system, but it certainly makes use of a form of matrix, or "rock-paper-scissor" using system.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote