Thread: Reviews
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 02:11 PM   #7
GuruPlayer

GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
I'm a player who reads all the reviews, good or bad, because I'm looking for interesting MUDs to play.  Sometimes a good review is sent in that sparks my interest, so I will go to the MUD to try it out.  You always need to try the MUD yourself.  Occasionally an intelligent bad review is posted that defines what they didn't like about the MUD, & that can be good feedback for the MUD admins.  However, because this website doesn't control or moderate the review section, you will frequently get the idiot troll reviews, that are worthless, & are posted usually by banned or punished players who have a grudge, & will do anything to harass the MUD.  The website staff should delete these worthless reviews, but unless they are obscene, they are left alone.

The opposite side of the coin, is when a call goes out to a MUD's playerbase to write reviews for their MUD, & all of a sudden 5 or 6 reviews come in on the same day, & the reviews aren't reviews, they're just one or two sentences, about how it's the best MUD they have ever played.  These types of reviews do NOT inspire me to try their MUD, if fact it has the opposite result.
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote