View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 04:37 PM   #8
Ntanel

Ntanel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Ntanel
Well, lets start in 1996 and work to now.  I will not include MUDs where I only built a house for myself, since I was not considered a builder, just a guest.

Dragon'Spire - Owned by George Greer (Azalin) of Circle.  I made it one step from Assistant Head Builder in early 1997.  Arsenal was Head Builder, Mendou was Assistant.  A problem with a friend caused an issue and we were forced to leave.

A Spectre of the Mind - Drevlin ran it, but then he ran off with the Head Builder and the MUD was closed by its owner.  This MUD was the one which I first saw InterMUD Communications (IMC2).  4 Dimensions was the second (IMC).

Winterkeep - Owned by Tsalin, he comes back a few more times with various MUDs in the late 90s.  On one of the MUDs I was head builder.  I do not remember the names of the two or three other MUDs.

The Gate Keeper - Owned by Magus and Josh.  By this time I was both building and Head of Public Relations.  I got to be the one who interacted with mortals in addition to building.  The plus was I was at Head Builder level without having to teach building.

1997 - 2002
ResortMUD - Based off TGK code, I asked Magus and Josh to allow me to start a resort for MUD administrators, Magus offered to host.  We stayed strickly a resort for roughly a year.  During that time we started the ambassadorship programs.

1999:
Gate Keeper of Instara - I guess it was technically the second Gate Keeper.  It had merged with another MUD, Realms of Instara.  The staff of three MUDs made up the staff and many did not get along.  When everything seperated, I ended up with the few misplaced staff on ResortMUD.

2000:
Gates of the Arcana - ResortMUD and GotA were on the same server account and the owners, Prophecy and Callinon traded Head Implementor positions with me.  As a Head Implementor on GotA, I helped alot of new builders.  As Head Implementor's on ResortMUD, Phophecy and Callinon enjoyed the quiet that is a resort.

The Gate Keeper II - Short lived and ran by Josh, we never got very far.

2002:
ImmU-SMAUG Building School - I am Head Builder.  Iliana of RoD is suppose to take over at some point.  Xerves runs the Coding School.

I have the feeling I mixed one or two up, but in total, it was something like ten or eleven MUDs since 1996.
Ntanel is offline   Reply With Quote