View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 07:36 PM   #13
TG_Hammar

TG_Hammar is on a distinguished road
The first MUD I built for folded soon after I started building for them. My second, and current MUD, I joined as a builder after several builders from my previous MUD headed there. They all left after a very short period, but I think this November I will have been there 5 years (4 if you count the occassional needed hiatus).

As a Head Builder I have trained dozens of builders who never did a single thing after I trained them and helped them start their areas. For years I basically would run a short school for the newbie builders and teach them the fundamentals and then give tips and hints later as they progressed. Now I would rather build it all myself...

Personally myself, I believe that your first area should be at or under 100 vnums. My first area was around 150, but it took me 3 months to build it, then another month or 2 to fix what I did wrong. This logic is hard to swallow for a new builder who comes in and only wants to build some really big area that would take ME a year or more to complete.

Too many new builders just do not know what all is involved.
TG_Hammar is offline   Reply With Quote