View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
potterhead4

potterhead4 is on a distinguished road
Well, here's an Idea I'veh ad for a MUSH for a long time now:

The MUSH would be based on the popular TV show MASH.

The way I see it working, there would be the main characters played by staffer or very experienced characters, and then any other character a player would like to invent.

Staffers would design miniplots that would be run for a week or so. These miniplots would be like the MASH episodes, and wounded players would be created by admin or guests to be operated on and then recover or die in post-op.

The way I see it, a day on the mush would follow a day in a MASH outfit. You wake up, you have breakfast, take a look at the duty chart. If you're on duty, you go RP being on duty. If you're not on duty, we'd have the officer's club, sports, cards, etc.

Of course, the majority of gameplay would be dictated by staff-run plots. And if there was a push on and a lot of wounded coming in, of course, the entire dynamic of the game could be changed. On the otherhand, there's a lot more stuff we could do than wounded. We could have a lack of wounded, family issues with a main character, pranks occuring in the camp, snipers, I mean, the situations are practically unlimited.

Obviously, this would be pretty small (no more than 500 rooms) and pretty simple to code. (We'd need econ, a very basic skills system with only a few different skills, and then just some games and simple stuff like microphone/speakers). The question, and the reason this is in advanced MUD concepts is really if someone thinks a game almost entirely based on staff-run plots could be successful and entertaining.

Thanks for your feedback,

Gabe
potterhead4 is offline   Reply With Quote