View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #16
Avasyu

Name: Jeremy
Home MUD: http://www.ironrealms.com
Avasyu is on a distinguished road
Re: Lets Talk about Voting - Shall we?

Imperian (or any IRE game) does not cheat on the TMS. We have set up in game reminders (within the TMS rules) and post quite often on our announce boards and forums asking people to remember to vote. We push voting at the beginning of the month when the TMS first resets. Keeping that rate of voting will be pretty hard for Imperian. On that note however, we have had 419 logins from unique IPs in the last 24 hours on Imperian.

Do I think a couple of the games you listed above are cheating? Yes. I follow the number of votes quite closely. I know exactly how much work it is to get every single vote. TMS voting is a constant discussion at our weekly producer meetings.

At one point I considered to stop pushing voting on our players, as the reward for doing so is quickly extinguished if other games are cheating. Not just because our games are listed below cheaters, but also because TMS traffic is artificially inflated and real people are not actually seeing our listings and ads.

In short IRE does not cheat, we condone any form of cheating, and should any of our users be discovered to facilitate cheating, we would ban them from our games.
Avasyu is offline   Reply With Quote