Thread: I NEED a MUD!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 10:52 PM   #2
The Vorpal Tribble

The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
I recently posted an advertisement for my mud Accursed Lands that I've played for nearly 6 years and it fits nearly every last one of your criteria.

We are RP mandatory and I have yet to find a more realistic MUD. To even get light you must chop down a tree or gather sticks, whittle a torch or make a bonfire, and then use flint and steel to light it, and even then it'll take some practise to get used to. Weapons and clothing will also slowly wear out, and even our moons have phases that casts a certain ammount of light. We have no hit pools but area of the body that sustain individual damage. You can be maimed in the head and still have your body, legs, arms, and, possibly, tail, in perfect shape.

We are skilless and craftless.

We have no guilds, though there are occassionally purely player-made organizations.

We also have a massive ammount of crafts makable with their own skills. Here is but a small list of crafting skills you can learn:

Basket Weaving
Butchery
Carpentry
Cobblery
Coopering
Embroidery
Fishing
Gem Cutting
Glass Blowing
Glass Making
Glass Working
Herbery
Knitting
Metal Working
Smelting
Smithing
Leather Working
Logging
Mining
Pottery Working
Sewing
Spinning
Stone Carving
Tanning

and quite a few more.

Player housing is not yet been introduced, though it is being worked on. However, we do have rentable cabins and tents with tables to keep your items on, and also inns where you can rent rooms for as long as you like, with chests to keep your stuff in.

Equipment is always saved.

We are a 'very' dedicated player base generally around 18-30 on at any given time, though it has been as low as 5 at 4am on weekdays near holidays or as high as 50 on rare occassions. We have 200+ total.

We are free and will always be free.

We currently have 5 races and all are original except for the humans.

We are not restricted PK because that would actually take away from the realism. You can kill someone, but you better be able to explain yourself or the law may soon be after you, perhaps even bounty hunters.

Terrinor is gigantic, with literally millions of rooms, though most is, naturally, untamed wilderness.  We have surface levels, oceans, rivers, sky for our soon-to-be-coming flying races and an extensive underground area that dwarfs all the others combined (and no, we don't have dwarfs).

We have a java telnet reachable from the website, but not sure if you'd count that as our own client.

We've recently had a couple dozen or so new players come and become addicted to AL after seeing its detailed realism. We've love to welcome you as another.
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote