View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
Dr. Evil Phil

Name: Jym
Home MUD: Evarayn (No Longer Online)
Dr. Evil Phil is on a distinguished road
Question Need a new MUD/MU* !!!

Yep, as you could tell from my sig and intro thread, my old MUD died recently, and Im questing for a new one. Now, here are some of the things I'd like to see in a MU* in general, then ill get more specific after that since that helps a lot of you guys help me.

Ok, general likes and dislikes:

* Love originality! (Im setting, races, gameplay, just SOMETHING that really stands out, like in Evarayn, everything was original, from the 6 races to the setting, to its amazing sailing system).

* Love variety! (I like options, but there is such thing as too much, I dont want my brain to explode deciding between 70 races and 30 classes! UNLESS its very, very well organised and they seem different ~which becomes an issue of originality, because sometimes less is more it it makes it more original)

* Ouch! Perma death hurts! (that is, unless your exspected to die a lot, but the MUDs character creation must be VERY simple an fluid for it not to frustrate me every time I die)

* Want Required RP! (I love to roleplay, and Im sort of turned off to a world full of nothing but power players and stupid rants on the OOC board)

* Not Battle Orientated! (following up the sentence above, I dont want battle to be the only focus. Doesnt mean I dont want the battle system to rock, but I want a lot of other things to do, because i can get burt out of hitting mobs pretty fast...)

These seem like pretty basic guidlines in looking for a MUD, or MU*, it wont make or break a my opinion if the MUD doesnt have one of these things, but it should have at least half of them (or most).

Here are some random things I would think would be awesome if a MUD had in it, but are only extras in my opinion, and would make me like the MUD if it doesnt follow some of my interests listed above. (Meaning, dont suggest God Wars II, a super intense, no RP, PVP kill fest just because it has a class or race I like! :P )

~ artificers (crazy genious with killer robot arms and bombs? Im in! Not like a crafters and smiths, but someone you can creat crazy things that can really be used in combat)

~ shapeshifter (its just plain cool)

~ easy character creation (cuz if its too hard, its TOO hard!)

~ Interaction with gods/immortals (i.e. religios groups/cults. Could make for some cool RP)

~ quests or just a MUD concept itself that requires a lot of team work (only really works if theres a large player base though.)

Well, here are just some of the things that I think would make a perfect MU* for me. I hope this would make it easier on anyone wanting to help, and not just make it harder!

And thanks in advanced!

EDIT: Oh yeah, her's the link to my intro is you want to know the text games Ive already played so you dont have to add them to your suggestions!

Last edited by Dr. Evil Phil : 07-16-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Dr. Evil Phil is offline   Reply With Quote