View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 06:28 PM   #5
kaylus1

I know what kind of mud -I- want to run, I run a custom coded mudlib using the MudOS Driver. I was asking what the personal preferences of what other people are regardless of that OTHER people think, in other words -YOUR- opinion. =)

Two replies to this.

Reply 1: I brought MudOS, LDMud and Amylaar into the picture. These are SERVERS. If I brought up codebase (or mudlib with them) you might as well be choosing which LPMUD you think is best. The same applies to Mush I think, though am not certain. Mordor is also called, Mordor Server. Using the term codebase would unjustly group these all into one category, as the mudlib on LPmud's could be termed the "codebase" *chuckle* So I chose the generic mud "server".

Reply 2: The question "What server is best for running a mud" refers to the term "Mud Server" In which all muds fall into the category. Just like ftp server, web server, telnet server. This I have noticed applies just as well to DIKU-type muds. (search for "diku mud server" on google).  The question may have been tricky when you just saw the topic listing, but when you opened it up, i'm sure it became evident I was referring to the "mud server" itself, not the computer serving the mud.

The main goal of my question was for personal opinion to find out where everyone's standpoints are. Not totally in playability, but from a coder's standpoint. Easy to use? Neat Code? Easy customization/adding of new elements?.. etc. I just didn't get that long for a topic title.

Kaylus@Solice