View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 11:53 AM   #71
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
RPI is a label commonly applied to muds with specific a feature set, much like MOO is used to refer to a specific type of mud. However while it would be confusing to call every Object Oriented mud a MOO, that doesn't mean that MOOs are the only Object Oriented muds, nor that they are innately better (or worse) than other Object Oriented muds. The same logic applies to RPIs and muds with intensive roleplaying - in my opinion many of the RPI features actually detract from the fun and even from the quality of roleplaying (as well as place restrictions on the theme).

You appear to look down on muds which involve going around killing things - but what need does a mud have for permadeath if there is no killing?

You haven't ascended, you've just become more closed-minded towards muds that don't fit your current tastes. Try talking to some of the MUSH RP-fanatics* and you'll find that many of them look on RPIs with the same arrogant disdain that you now show towards other RP muds.

If you wish to 'ascend', you'll need to learn to be more open-minded. If you'd had this same attitude when you used to play GodWars then you'd have stagnated there instead of finding whichever mud it is you now play.

* Just to clarify, by "MUSH RP-fanatic" I mean those MUSH players who are also fanatics about their style of mud - I don't mean that all MUSH players are fanatics, because, as should be apparent from this thread, every style of mud has its own group of zealots.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote