View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
Lasher
Administrator

Name: Derek
Lasher has a spectacular aura aboutLasher has a spectacular aura about
Re: WoW powerleveling

If people had bad experiences with them it means they tried them. If they tried them, it means there is a demand for the service. It is not my role to judge "quality of service" on them any more than it is my role to judge "quality of game" when placing banner ads for MUDs.

With that being said, I have never played WoW and while ignorance is no excuse was not aware that gold sellers are such a big deal to them until a couple of weeks ago when I read an article on them going after a gold selling company in China. The ads are not being renewed - 2 of them have already been dropped (there were 6). In fact, our "advertise" page has stated that we no longer accept text links for a while now. I also would not accept ads in TMS for a "multiplaying service" in a game where multiplaying is against the T&Cs.

Sure, TMS is run to make a profit, but it's never going to be anyone's living. If 100 MUDs place banner ads tomorrow it still isn't going to be anyone's living. I know where the traffic comes from and if the traffic stops tomorrow I'll move onto something else with a 99% certainty it will be "something else" more profitable.

I took over this site because I believe in it - the chances of ever recovering the value of the time already spent on it is already pretty much zero. Why am I saying this? Because every other thread seems to have a gentle, or in this case not so gentle, "reminder" of "where the traffic comes from". Anyway, back to working on the database rewrite
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote