View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #20
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: FYI Mudconnector forums shut down

I think I expect too much from humanity. It just seems to normal and logical to expect people to see something like that and say, "That's weird. Oh well. Ignore. Or if I'm really concerned, privately contact a responsible party." It seems equally normal and logical to expect people to hear/read something and say, "Yeah, I don't agree with that, but it doesn't really matter or affect me, so I'll just go on with my life."

Instead, we get all this, "Rawr! Arguing on the internet is important! Rawr! And this whole situation is the other side's fault!" It just doesn't compute to me. Who sees Jesus loves you on a website and makes a big deal about it, for or against? Who sees a comment about the Jesus banner and jumps in to respond to the comment, for or against? Who goes on for over ten pages because they just can't resist expressing their viewpoint in an aggressive manner because they enjoy being antagonistic behind the anonymous nature of the internet?

It just makes me really mad. It's like when you get jury duty or go to a public library or public park, and you go to take a crap, and the bathroom is the worst place you've ever seen, because the general public is just plain disgusting, and you'd forgotten how disgusting because it had been awhile since you really needed to go in a public place.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote