Thread: Seeking a MUD
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 12:27 AM   #1
Akraasiel

Akraasiel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Akraasiel Send a message via MSN to Akraasiel Send a message via Yahoo to Akraasiel
Im looking for a Mud in which to roleplay a mage styled character, where killing mobs, questing, etc is not needed to gain skill. Rather the use of existing skill increases ones current skills and also unlocks the use of later skills (or a specific quest is needed to gain such, this point is really rather general) Preferably levelless. The role Im shooting for is more of the mage who intensely studies his craft out of a desire for higher knowlege that drives him above all.

I dont like the repetitiveness of mob combat, nor do I like "lesson" or "practice" based systems that limit character's learning based on things that really have no bearing on the learning process and are just outmoded holdovers from early XP based RPG's where levels dictated learning.

If there are any muds out there who fit this, I would love to have a go at it, and perhaps recommend it to my friends.

Edit: near open ended skill growth is an essential trait I am looking for, a mud with such depth of skills et cetera that my character wont run out of things to study.
Akraasiel is offline   Reply With Quote