View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 02:43 AM   #63
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for an RPI, where the 'I' stands for "Immersive"

I agree, and I have been saying this for a long time.

What the RPI people mean by RPI is "Armageddon/Harshland Feature Set." Prof says they are all derived (in feature set) from those 2, so why not accurately categorize them based on those 2? Then you have a proper name and not a generic name.

Why not ARP (Armaggedon RP), or AHRP (Armaggedon Harslands RP), or RPA (Role Play, Armaggedon style), or anything of that nature. Then you have a term that nobody else can lay claim to, because you are referring to a specific origin and therefore a specific feature set.

"Role Play Intensive" simply doesn't imply anything related to what the RPI folks are actually using the term for. They have a basket of features they like and they really need a non-generic term for it that doesn't reek of elitism and superiority.

I won't even get into the fact that hyperventilating over some light or demanding that every say be directed at a specific person sounds like horribly over-acted, dreadful community theater. It reminds me of when I was playing an "official" RPI one time and I stumbled upon someone literally RPing being a blade of grass. Different strokes for different folks and all, but it definitely isn't something to get superior about. See if you don't understand what I mean.

I snipped most of your post, but wow, Jazuela. That was some of the most extreme elitism I've read in a while. I mean, that was Hank Steinbrenneresque. And you wonder why people ACCURATELY label the RPI crowd elitist and snobby? Unbelieveable. That is quite possibly the first time I have ever read a non-troll so openly and brazely trash someone's mud "to their face" in an open forum. That is just beyond the pale and uncalled for.

I don't call any of my MUDs "RPI", and after reading your latest post I would never want to. If it meant someone with that attitude might end up on my MUD, I definitely wouldn't want to risk it.

Last edited by Threshold : 03-17-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote