View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 09:41 AM   #1
Aeran

Aeran is on a distinguished road
I have read this message board from time to time about 5 years now I believe. What amazes me is that the MUD community seem to be killing itself. Atleast if topmudsites is a representative of the rest of the community.

During these five years I have worked to save the MUD community in whatever way I have seen possible. However it's very tough to work against the tide.

Now I noticed that once again the flames have begun here - like so many times before. Medievia might have done a really horrible horrible thing but are you so much better yourself by killing the MUD community?

It isn't only when something negative happens but also each time something positive is about to happen the flames begin. Like when the_logos suggested MUDs work together on some advertisements. This could have limited the impact of the mmrpgs. This very resonable suggestion ended with pie throwing and name calling I believe. Is he such a bad person that nothing good can come from him? Why then does his games have 300 people or so playing them?

When reading the forums here you get disgusted by the MUD community. It doesn't seem to matter if it is admins from a MUD high up in the list or not. They still flame and due to the extremely poor moderation here the discussions get off topic very fast. Often thanks to flames. A MUD ranked high here is a MUD you shouldn't play it seems.

The moderators here need to see to it that threads stay productive, and avoid flaming themselves. This is a definition of the word 'moderator' I have found; "at a forum, someone entrusted by the administrator to help discussions stay productive and within the guidelines." and I believe this to rarely be the case here.
Aeran is offline   Reply With Quote