View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 08:10 PM   #29
visko

visko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to visko Send a message via AIM to visko
Before I dive in, I would like to first admit and apologize for not actually reading all of Fharron's posts. I skimmed, so I probably lost some of the important information that would have made his point. Fharron: brevity is a byword for success around here. Verbosity gets you labeled a troll or a ranter.

This debate comes up about every month or so, and people from all sides start getting heated up for a lengthy debate...and although stances are starting to change and people are starting to believe more in the system Achaea has set up..

Why are we treating the MUDding community like something other than an evolutionary largely capitalist system? If Achaea ends up having a large player base, we should be studying it and attempting to find its strong, or attractive points, in hopes of mimicking (sp) them in our own games. Mimicry is the highest form of flattery, you know.

Jazuela, sorry but I have no factual knowledge on rejecting all player reviews. I personally think it's a good idea; soljax is only a symptom of the much larger issue with reviews, namely that all reviews are written by a person who has grown into someone other than me, and will react differently to different situations and structures than I would. English is a good language for accuracy, but it does fail in player reviews and other situations of high emotion, when words are used improperly and misinterpreted. And that's the best case scenario, not even taking into account how many reviews are wrong or lies. Quite unfortunate.

-Visko
visko is offline   Reply With Quote